6 Union Ave.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine 04064
Skate & Surf Shops owned by Surfers & Skaters since 2001
Surf & Stay!!! That’s our slogan, but we also like to say “Stay & Relax!”
Serving Old Orchard Beach for many decades and now serving Portland Maine with all your skate and surf needs!!
Mocean™ 2019 the NEW Art Gallery at our Mocean store in Portland featuring local artists.
We are only 10 steps to the sand; truly Beach Front Lodging in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Come visit us, and see why for decades families have re-booked with us!
We have it all!
GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE! EMAIL US AT email@example.com
- Rooms/Camps to rent (very simple settings) bookings through airbnb.com
- Surfboards, Paddleboards, Booties, Gloves and Wetsuits to rent or buy.
- We have all your favorite brands in our surf and skate shop; Rhythm, Custom Shaped Surf Boards by professional shappers , Zap Skim / Victoria, OJ Wheels, Reds, Independents, Penny Boards, Stinky Socks, Ransom, Catch Surf Beater Boards and surfboards, Pro Model Boogie boards, Trasher, Bones, Mob Grip, Duster, Z-flex Skateboards, Famous, Baker, Sex Wax, Hyperflex, including the new Ben Gravy line, Welcome Skateboards, Weirdwood, Custom Art Shop Decks, Huff and other skate shoe brands. Visit us today and see what all the hype is about
- We also take surfboards & skateboards on consignment.
- We support local crafters and artisans. We display and sell their goods at our Inn and retail surf and skate shops.
The Ocean Tripp Inn, MOCEAN SURF and SKATE OOB and MOCEAN Portland are owned by the Tripp Family. In 1998 Barry & Sherri Tripp purchased THE OCEAN ROCK HOTEL and renamed & updated the establishment. At our establishment you will enjoy, 7 miles of sandy beach, views of the lighthouse, the Pier, a huge ocean rock to explore, surfing, boogie boarding, beach volleyball and so much more that Old Orchard Beach has to offer. The Ocean Tripp Inn was built in the 1890s and has been providing family, beach enjoyment for over a century. We are kid friendly, skateboard and surfer friendly and we are a SMOKE FREE establishment (no smoking, inside or outside).
ABOUT THE OWNERS:
Barry Tripp was raised on the coast of Florida, where he began surfing at a very early age. Barry moved to Maine in the early 90s to snowboard, surf and raise his family. Although he has a degree in Journalism and Environmental Technology, Barry has been coaching professional surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding and volleyball for decades. Barry co-founded an organization called THE RIDERS CLUB, which brings board sports to Maine Youths (snow, skate, surf). For information, visit the website at www.theridersclub.org.
Sherri Tripp was born and raised in Vinalhaven, an island off the coast of Maine. Previously, Sherri was a successful software consultant and engineer for technology start-ups during the .COM era and major IPO trend for Pharma/life science companies. Sherri is also a jewelry artist, certified Yoga, Pilates and hold many fitness professional certifications.
Jasper Tripp was born in Portland Maine and graduated from the snowboard program at Carrabassett Valley Academy. Jasper has traveled the world for snowboarding, skateboarding and surfing and has countless clips in movies, videos and was recently featured in Method Magazine. In 2017 Jasper opened our second family trademarked shop, Mocean™ focusing on skateboarding and supporting local Maine artists on Exchange Street in old port section of Portland Maine.