6 Union Ave.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine 04064
Surf & Stay!!! That’s our slogan, but we also like to say “Stay & Relax!”
Serving Old Orchard Beach for many decades!!
We are only 10 steps to the sand; truly Beach Front Lodging in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Come visit us, and see why for decades families have re-booked with us!
We have it all!
Now taking reservations for the 2017 season. GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE for lodging, surf camps and lessons!! EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rooms/Camps to rent (very simple settings).
- Surfboards, Paddleboards, Booties, Gloves and Wetsuits to rent or buy.
- We have all your favorite brands in our surf and skate shop; (Common Apparel, Rhythm, Bic, BoardofMaine, Custom Surf Boards by TwinLights, Zap, McTavish, Michael Dolsey, Penny Boards, Stinky Socks, Ransom, Catch Surf, Trasher, Bones, Mob Grip, Stero, Glove, Duster, Z-flex Skateboards, CrowHaley, Famous, Baker, Sex Wax, Hyperflex, Free Waters, AstroDeck Flips/Sandals, Designs by SATRIPP & much more.)
- We also take surfboards & skateboards on consignment.
- We support local crafters and artisans. We display and sell their goods at our Inn and retail surf and skate shop.
The Ocean Tripp Inn & MOCEAN SURF and SKATE SHOP is owned by the Tripp Family. In 1998 Barry & Sherri Tripp purchased THE OCEAN ROCK HOTEL and renamed & updated the establishment. At our establishment you will enjoy, 7 miles of sandy beach, views of the lighthouse, the Pier, a huge ocean rock to explore, surfing, boogie boarding, beach volleyball and so much more that Old Orchard Beach has to offer. The Ocean Tripp Inn was built in the 1890s and has been providing family, beach enjoyment for over a century. We are kid friendly, skateboard and surfer friendly and we are a SMOKE FREE establishment (no smoking, inside or outside).
ABOUT THE OWNERS:
Barry Tripp was raised on the coast of Florida, where he began surfing at a very early age. Barry moved to Maine in the early 90s to snowboard, surf and raise his family. Although he has a degree in Journalism and Environmental Technology, Barry has been coaching professional surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding and volleyball for decades. Barry travels the country throughout the winter with his snowboarding team and recently co-founded an organization called THE RIDERS CLUB, which is bringing board sports to schools in Maine (snow, skate, surf). For information, visit the website at www.theridersclub.org.
Sherri Tripp was born and raised in Vinalhaven, Maine, an island off the coast of Rockland. Prior to purchasing the Inn & surf shop, Sherri was a successful software consultant and engineer for technology start-ups during the .COM era and major IPO trend. Sherri is also a jewelry artist, certified yoga, Pilates and fitness professional. Sherri enjoys snowboarding and playing beach volleyball.
Jasper Tripp was born in Maine and graduated from the snowboard program at Carrabassett Valley Academy. Jasper has been surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding for over 18 years and has been touring with ROME snowboards, Strange Brew and other key players in the industry. Jasper is one of our premier surfing instructors and helps manage the family business.